Momentum Equine has a brand new hospital facility with board certified surgeons specializing in equine sports medicine, our surgeons include Dr. Conrad Wilgenbusch and Dr. Tara Shearer.. The new facility is equipped with standing surgery stocks, in-house laboratory and 4 stall hospitalization. Our staff is dedicated to put Momentum back into your performance horse.
Here at Momentum Equine we offer the following surgeries:
- Abdominal Surgery: Colic Surgeries, Exploratory Celiotomies, Ovariectomies
- Airway Problems
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Castrations: Routine Castrations, Cryptorchid Castrations
- Cribbing Surgery
- Kissing Spine Surgery
- Dental Surgery: Teeth Extractions
- Head & Neck Procedures: Guttural Pouch Problems, Sinus Trephination and Exploration, and Dental Procedures
- Neonatal Surgery: Umbilical Cord Removal, Neonatal Hernias, Umbilical and Inguinal Hernia Repairs, Ruptured Bladder Repair, Crooked Legs.
- Ophthalmic Surgery: Enucleation (Eye Removal), Third Eyelid Resection
- Orthopedic Surgery: Arthroscopy, Splint Removal, Sequestrum Removal Procedures, Neurectomies, Traumatic Injuries, and fracture repair.
- Tendon & Ligaments: Stem Cell Injections, Inferior and Superior Check Ligament, Transections
Board Certified Surgeons
A veterinary surgeon has undergone additional training after veterinary school in order to become a specialist. This training consists of a minimum of a 1-year internship followed by a 3-year residency program that meets guidelines established by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS). Specialists are called a “Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons” or a “board-certified surgeon.”
Our veterinary surgeons are dedicated to providing the very best in surgical care. They also act as a resource for your primary veterinarian by providing consultations on difficult or unusual cases. With their advanced training, these specialists offer expertise that ensures the best possible outcome for the animal and animal owner.